Automation Electrician - Projects
- Kitchener (Headoffice)
- Full-time, Permanent
Who We Are:
Selected as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies for the last three years, Conestoga Cold Storage is a national warehousing and logistics company serving customers from across Canada and around the world. Conestoga Cold Storage operates four fully automated cold storage warehouses with a total storage volume of over 64 million cubic feet.
We are currently seeking an experienced Construction Maintenance Electrician or 4th Year Apprentice for new construction, retrofit projects. They will also have to service and maintain complex electrical equipment, automated robotic systems and industrial refrigeration equipment.
Benefits of Working at Conestoga Cold Storage:
· Competitive Wage
· Group Medical and Dental Insurance Benefits sponsored by the Company
· Company Sponsored Pension Plan, with Employer matched contributions
· Paid Birthday Day off
· Various company events throughout the year, including a summer picnic, BBQ’s, Christmas parties etc.
· Install, test, maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices, and equipment.
· Install, test, maintain, troubleshoot and repair proprietary automation & robotic equipment.
· Assist in the install, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of mechanical systems including large industrial refrigeration systems.
· Maintain and operate industrial power generation equipment
· Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, electrical code specifications and schematics in order to effectively troubleshoot, maintain and repair equipment.
· Perform preventative maintenance through inspection of electrical systems, equipment and components.
· Direct and train other workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment or fixtures including automation and robotic equipment
· Install or rework data, communication and security & life safety systems.
· Able to work independently
· Work on other electrical projects as required.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Proof of Electrician Apprenticeship and provincial certification (309A Preferred, 442A Acceptable)
· Understanding of AC and DC frequency drives.
· Working knowledge of PLC’s (Allen Bradley)
· Working knowledge of the Ontario Electrical Code.
· Three (3) to five (5) years experience in the electrical field.
· Have a working knowledge of data/comm. and security wiring and systems.
· Working at Heights Training
· Elevated Work Platform Training
· Refrigeration experience would be an asset.
· Be willing to travel to other facilities as required.
Conestoga Cold Storage is committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Thank you for your interest and while we welcome all applications, we will only contact qualified candidates under consideration.
How to Apply:
Please email your resumes to email@example.com. When submitting your resume please clearly identify which position you are applying for. While we welcome all applications, we are only able to contact those candidates who have been selected for an interview.
This is a great opportunity for candidates with a proven reliable track record.
While we welcome all applications, we are only able to contact those candidates who have been selected for an interview.