- Full Time
Selected as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies for the last three years, Conestoga Cold Storage is a national warehousing and logistics company serving customers from across Canada and around the world. Conestoga Cold Storage operates four fully automated cold storage warehouses with a total storage volume of over 22 million cubic feet.
Responsible for the safe maintenance, repair, installation and modification of all warehouse equipment. The main job objective is to ensure maximum uptime of machinery and equipment.
- Repairing and maintaining the building facility and all production equipment
- Perform cleaning and preventative maintenance on Automated & Robotic equipment
- Maintaining refrigeration equipment including compressors, ammonia systems, freon systems
- Inspecting machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical equipment
- Reading diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Installing, aligning and moving stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Operating, hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery during the installation, set up and repair
- Assembling machinery and equipment prior to installation; using hand and power tools and welding equipment
- Millwright 443A or 4th year apprentice
- Class A or B Refrigeration Ticket is considered an asset
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure, fast pace environment
- Flexible and creative approach while working in an environment that is dedicated to continuous improvement
- Focus and discipline; take pride in a job well done
- Team work
- Time management
- Adaptability/ flexibility
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Decision making and judgement
- Planning and organizing
- Mechanical skills
- Computer skills (Windows)
- Understanding technical documents
- Problem solving
- Accountability and dependability
- This is a stable position in a shop environment within a fully automated facility.
- This job requires working in a refrigerated and freezer environment.
- Overtime may be required on occasion.
- You may be required to work in a rotating shift environment.
Job status: Full Time
This is a great opportunity for candidates with a proven reliable track record.
While we welcome all applications, we are only able to contact those candidates who have been selected for an interview.