- Kitchener (Headoffice)
Job Title: Financial Controller
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Who We Are:
Selected as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies for fifteen years running, Conestoga Cold Storage Limited is a privately owned, national warehousing and logistics company serving customers from across Canada and around the world. Incorporated in 1974, Conestoga Cold Storage operates five cold storage warehouses nationwide making us the second largest service provider in Canada, and currently employs approximately 400 people. Recognized globally as an industry leader in warehousing automation, robotics, and technology, Conestoga Cold Storage is a longtime member of the International Association of Refrigerated Warehouses and the World Food Logistics Organization.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Finance, the Financial Controller is responsible for:
- Providing status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Preparing special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Protecting operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Complying with federal, provincial, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation.
- Anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Guiding financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Preparing budgets by establishing schedules, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data. Recommending plans of action based on findings.
- Achieving budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Monitoring and confirming financial condition by conducting audits, providing information to external auditors, and enforcing internal controls.
Benefits of Working at Conestoga Cold Storage:
- Competitive salary
- Company sponsored group medical and dental insurance benefits
- Company sponsored pension plan with employer matched contributions
- Modern work spaces and on-site parking
- Various company social and skill-building events throughout the year
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in accounting, finance or equivalent.
- CPA Designation
- 3-5 Years experience in accounting/finance including:
- Experience managing day-to-day financial processes as well as establishing long-term goals and reporting
- In-depth knowledge of auditing, accounting, and corporate finance
- Tracking budget expenses as well as the development and analysis of budgets
- Prior experience working in a warehouse or manufacturing facility an asset
- Bilingual (English and French) would be an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication, conflict resolution, and time management
- Ability to work collaboratively and prioritize tasks
- Up-to-date computer literacy, preferably in-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Suite of Products, Great Plains, and Management Reporter programs
Conestoga Cold Storage is committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available for candidates during all aspects of the selection process. Please inform us if any accommodations are required.
Please email your resume to email@example.com.
When submitting your resume, please clearly identify the position for which you are applying. Thank you for your interest and while we welcome all applications, we will only contact qualified candidates under consideration.
This is a great opportunity for candidates with a proven reliable track record.
While we welcome all applications, we are only able to contact those candidates who have been selected for an interview.