- Kitchener (Headoffice)
Responsible for the safe maintenance, repair, installation and modification of all warehouse equipment. The main job objective is to ensure maximum uptime of machinery and equipment.
- Repairing and maintaining the building facility and all production equipment
- Perform cleaning and preventative maintenance on Automated & Robotic equipment
- Maintaining refrigeration equipment including compressors, ammonia systems, freon systems
- Inspecting machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical equipment
- Reading diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Installing, aligning and moving stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Operating, hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery during the installation, set up and repair
- Assembling machinery and equipment prior to installation; using hand and power tools and welding equipment
- Millwright 443A or 4th year apprentice
- Class A or B Refrigeration Ticket is considered an asset
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure, fast pace environment
- Flexible and creative approach while working in an environment that is dedicated to continuous improvement
- Focus and discipline; take pride in a job well done
- Team work
- Time management
- Adaptability/ flexibility
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Decision making and judgement
- Planning and organizing
- Mechanical skills
- Computer skills (Windows)
- Understanding technical documents
- Problem solving
- Accountability and dependability
- This is a stable position in a shop environment within a fully automated facility.
- This job requires working in a refrigerated and freezer environment.
- Overtime may be required on occasion.
- You may be required to work in a rotating shift environment.
Job status: Full Time
This is a great opportunity for candidates with a proven reliable track record.
While we welcome all applications, we are only able to contact those candidates who have been selected for an interview.